Campus Internship: Personal care
Do you have a passion to deliver innovative solutions for complex scientific problems?
We are looking for you, an ambitious student (m/f), currently studying for a Master degree, to support our Home & Personal Care business, who is interested in the Development of a UV-stressed reconstructed human epidermis model and assessment of the protective benefits of personal care ingredients against UV stress, to be located in Seneffe, Belgium
Dow is offering great career opportunities in a global and international environment.
The department that will welcome you is the Personal Care Technical Service & Development Team. With deep market insights and in-depth application expertise, we provide technical support to customers and develop innovative solutions that address current and future customer demands. We focus on the development of sustainable solutions to address Skin Care, Hair Care and Sun Care needs. You will work in a multifunctional team and will interact with colleagues in different regions.
With a strong background in cell and molecular biology and if possible, biochemistry, you will work on the research and development of protective functional ingredients for cosmetic applications. The main objectives of the internship will be to set up and validate an ultraviolet (UV)-stressed 3D skin model and to evaluate the protective effects of functional cosmetic ingredients. You will work with primary skin cells and will participate in the production of reconstructed human epidermis (RHE) model. After a deep literature review, you will select the most appropriate culture and exposure conditions and you will analyze specific protein expression by Western blotting, immunofluorescence and ELISA. Once the model is validated, you will formulate functional ingredients into different finished cosmetic formulations and test those on RHE.
- You are currently studying for a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- You have a good working knowledge of English.
- You have experience in working in a lab and safety is your priority. You have experience in cell culture, tissue engineering and biochemistry. Knowledge of skin biology will be a plus. You have a passion for applying innovative ideas and demonstrate curiosity and critical mindset in your activities. You have strong scientific method, statistics, and project management skills.
You can start between January and February 2022 for a period of 4 to 6 months (exact timing to be discussed).
This offer is not limited to graduation year students, more junior candidates will also be considered, based on talents and competencies.
Dow’s internships offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a dynamic multifunctional and multicultural team.
- Contribute to an existing market-driven business.
- Gain hands-on experience in skin biology, tissue engineering, personal care ingredients and formulation.
- Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network – meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
Find Mentors – certain individuals can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities to which you can aspire.
As part of our commitment to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is working in partnership with PeopleScout to deliver equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day, that enables them to not only deliver more value, but also enjoy a more fulfilling career.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.