Design and Modify Supply Chain Specialist
The Design and Modify Supply Chain Specialist role is responsible for identifying and implementing, through project work, supply chain improvements to a single business, multiple businesses or an envelope. The scope of the projects will be regional or global. Supply chain design project activities will focus on maximizing business value growth, economic profit, cash flow and customer service through improvements in supply chain costs, capital investment, asset utilization, productivity and quality. Reporting and Analytics activities will focus on designing, building, testing and deploying data-driven solutions to deliver greater insights faster, leveraging Dow’s state-of-the-art IT infrastructure. Educate and influence Dow’s teams to drive change and enhance the range of technical capabilities across all analytics & reporting activities.
- Participate and lead diverse and interesting projects that combine optimization and simulation techniques.
- Design, develop, and deliver analytic models, findings, and reports for the purpose of quantifying the performance of business areas and evaluating operational changes
- Build relationships and consult with all levels of internal business partners including executives, managers, business users, and developers
- Gather relevant quantitative and qualitative information by extracting data from databases and engaging with business partners
- Interpret data, identify relevant analyses, and develop models and/or reports with the goal of providing actionable insights that support the business area
- Create and deliver presentations and reports that communicate messages clearly to business partners, with an emphasis on storytelling
- Work independently as well as contribute to team problem-solving efforts to meet partner deadlines and objectives
- Actively expand your professional development; seeking opportunities for growth and expansion of your analytical and consulting skills
- Gain experience by working with different Businesses and different geographies.
Technical skills required:
- Knowledge of supply chain planning, inventory management/replenishment, transportation, and risk management (or demonstrated ability to learn and apply advanced technical skills)
- Some knowledge of the principles of supply chain optimization and simulation techniques.
- Knowledge on big data and large relational databases is strongly desired (Teradata, Hadoop, SQL Server, etc.)
- Some programming/data processing experience is a plus (including the use of statistical software such as SAS, Python, R, etc.)
- Experience with developing data science web applications using tools like R Shiny is a plus.
Other Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; ability to effectively interact with all levels of stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to solve problems; ability to “tell a story” with data.
- Robust analytics background; modeling/statistical/advanced analytics experience highly valued.
- Ability to take independent actions and influence events to achieve results.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience is preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.