Distribution Requirements Planner
Responsibilities / Duties
- Generates a time-phased supply schedule to fulfill business requirements in the short-term, while considering plant/warehouse wide constraints, meeting inventory and customer service targets.
- Supplies forecasts to 3rd Party contractor and plans packing requirements over an agreed time horizon.
- Creates bulk STO’s from multiple production Plants to move stock to Warehouse, in line with packaging plans.
- Develops plans to support new item introductions, ensuring product availability for all customers, as well as item discontinuations, mitigating product obsolescence.
- Works with US partners/carriers to prioritise marine cargo and executes airfreight procedures in times of tight supply.
- Manages inventory levels to target expectations and customer service availability agreements. Actively tackles slow-moving, approaching expiry or other non prime statuses.
- Identifies, prioritizes and addresses supply issues (e.g. short-term capacity constraints, product shortage, emergency customer order received, uncovered production requirement, etc.)
- Leads collaboration with customer service, manufacturing, logistics, third-party service providers and business partners to meet business obligations in case of unplanned events.
- Follows best practices, procedures and governance over master data.
- Supports global supply chain initiatives by interfacing with other supply chain personnel in the business and shared services.
- Resolves issues or exceptions outside the business rules/boundaries and intervenes when needed to address performance gaps, working with the Quality Notification process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or another scientific discipline demonstrating logical thinking and computational skills (Engineering, Business, IT, Mathematics and Sciences).
- Have worked in Supply Chain for minimum 3 years
- Fluent in English
- Six Sigma, CI and/or APICS certification are a plus.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others