Electrical & Instrument Engineer
Dow has an exciting opportunity an Electrical & Instrument Engineer, located at Terneuzen.
Dow is offering you the opportunity to explore, exchange ideas, and make a meaningful difference on global challenges in a global and international environment. Our departments are open-minded, diverse, and inclusive. You will collaborate with operators, engineers, and leaders. We’re in Dow are combining the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. We’re interested in science and how this science can enhance people’s lives.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Fully comply with EH&S programs (Environmental, Health and Safety) and advance performance wherever possible.
- Apply Dow Global Methodologies and Most Effective Technologies.
- Ensure that environmental, Safety and Loss Prevention principles are applied within the power system.
- With your technical knowledge, you will become responsible for small to intermediate-sized projects.
- Ensure that Electrical Equipment or Instrument are designed and maintained according to the applicable Governmental Rules.
- Ensure that the Electrical and Instrumentation discipline interacts with all departments and disciplines to minimize disconnects and errors during design or work execution.
- Provide technical expertise and support in electrical equipment or Instrumentation failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- Support the Preventive and Predictive Maintenance coordinator as required in reviewing maintenance plans and spare parts list for existing equipment.
- Provide maintainability input to project activities.
- Provide engineering input to maintenance work packages to ensure standards are followed.
- During development of turnaround work provide input on development of work orders particularly on critical equipment and/or instrumentation requiring engineering review or input.
- Perform technical reviews of maintenance procedures and check that a hazard assessment is included.
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Instrument Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering (or equivalent) is required
- Good technical and interpersonal skillset, innovative, flexible and open-minded in a lifelong learning environment
- Independent, responsible, goal-oriented way of working in various local and global project teams and networks
As part of our commitment to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is working in partnership with PeopleScout to deliver equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day, that enables them to not only deliver more value, but also enjoy a more fulfilling career.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.