Graduate Job- Maintenance Engineer
Employees in Operations at Dow use science to build an exciting career. Currently we are looking to hire a fresh graduate Maintenance Engineer.
Located in the Netherlands, we will provide you with the opportunity to launch your engineering career while operating at the forefront of innovation and sustainability.
Provides engineering support to address plant issues that are impacting production over a short period of time. Provides technical expertise which may be equipment based or repair technique based which impacts the availability and maintainability of the facility. Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, techniques and methodology within the analytical technology discipline.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Serves as a subject matter expert in equipment failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- Ensures that work requests include engineering input on repair details and if necessary provides onsite/offsite technical support for deviations from this data, for equipment that is critical for the process.
- Ensures repairs, repair techniques and equipment specific training are documented and made available.
- Provides maintainability input to Global Project Methodology activities.
- Enters quality, service and product performance information into the reporting system.
- Participates in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy.
- Provides engineering input for work packages to ensure standards are followed, as required. Provides input on development of work orders during development of turnaround work particularly on critical equipment requiring engineering review or input.
- Provides equipment reliability and performance data to the technical resource networks for input into equipment purchasing requirements, evaluation of equipment performance, vendor performance, and modifications to MET.
- Supports Industrial Hygiene and other EH&S work process activities. Incorporates safety considerations in planning and maintenance implementation. Understands impact of process chemistry with respect to materials of construction or lubrication.
- Analyzes impact of equipment failures on maintenance spending to identify improvement opportunities. Initiates reliability related MOCs and effectively implement change in own area of responsibility in coordination with appropriate leadership. Understands principles of Long Term Cost of Ownership. Analyzes and troubleshoots maintenance spending in assigned area with coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree plus maintenance, engineering, manufacturing or related experience required.
Are you ready to discover the science behind your career?
Please submit your profile by completing the application. If we think you could be a good fit for the program, you will be contacted to find out if a chemistry between us sparks!
Join our team and design the future together!
As part of our commitment to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is working in partnership with PeopleScout to deliver equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day, that enables them to not only deliver more value, but also enjoy a more fulfilling career.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.