Industrial Innovation Campus-Tarragona
We are looking for you, an ambitious master’s student (m/f), to support our Packaging & Specialty Plastics business (P&SP) by doing an internship project for our location in TARRAGONA, SPAIN. We are looking for 10 candidates in total for the internship program 2023.
Dow is offering great career opportunities in a global and international environment.
The department that will welcome you is the TS&D (Technical Service and Development) department within P&SP.
P&SP aims to be the most innovative, inclusive, customer-centric, and sustainability-driven business among its peers in the industry. The development of new technologies and application development remains the core strength of P&SP. We thrive to deliver value growth and best-in-class performance for our employees, our customers, and the planet. In everything we do, we strive for a positive impact on our society and the planet.
P&SP has a diverse portfolio of product offerings, namely low to high-density polyethylene, polyolefin elastomers & plastomers, synthetic rubbers, functional ethylene copolymers, polyurethane & acrylic adhesives, and several compounded products.
We serve many markets which include sustainable packaging, food packaging, cosmetic & consumer packaging, rigid containers, industrial films, tubes and hoses, coatings and sealants, labels and tapes, barrier adhesives, health and hygiene, automotive interiors and exteriors, automotive sealing & under the hood, wire and cable, infrastructure membranes and profiles, and many more.
You will work on complex and scientific-driven research and development projects that are aligned with one of the markets we serve. The main scope of your project will be to develop new and/or improve the existing market solutions with clear goals and objectives. You will be provided with an experienced technical supervisor and you will be supported by a Scientist partner from our P&SP organization.
- You are currently studying for a Master’s degree or equivalent in material science, chemistry, chemical engineering, packaging engineering, mechanical engineering, plastics technology, elastomers and rubber technology, and plastics processing technology.
- You have a good working knowledge of English. Spanish is a plus but not mandatory.
- Safety is our top priority, other desired attributes are critical thinking, troubleshooting, and organization. An individual contributor who is also a good team player is required.
- The candidate should demonstrate a passion for materials and polymer science and apply innovative ideas. You are enthusiastic, respect project deadlines, and have a passion to work with a multicultural and multi-national group of people.
You can start between January and October 2023 for a period of 9 months (exact timing to be discussed).
Dow’s internships offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience in scientific methodology, analytical and/or physical characterization, processing and/or formulation, and data interpretation methods and tools.
- Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen, you will receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network – meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
After we have received your application, please consider that it will take a few weeks to go through every letter and CV received. If we want to learn more about your background and skills, we will be in touch with you.
Have we sparked your interest? Let’s continue the conversation! Apply and we’ll be in touch with you.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership to achieve profitable growth and deliver a sustainable future. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates 104 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $55 billion in 2021. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.