M&E Intern- Implement an electronic Safe Work Permit digital tool to improve safety and maintenance wrench time
We are looking for you, an ambitious master’s student (m/f), to support our Site continuous Improvement Program by doing an internship project in Implement an electronic Safe Work Permit digital tool to improve safety and maintenance wrench time for our location in Terneuzen, The Netherlands.
Dow is offering great career opportunities in a global and international environment.
The department that will welcome you is Lead prioritization and implementation of plant improvement opportunities, and Lead Industry 4.0 Digital Manufacturing Acceleration Program for Dow Terneuzen pilot.
We propose you to join the Terneuneuzen Digital Manufacturing Acceleration Program:
- to accelerate the deployment of digital platforms
- to build effective digital capabilities that empower people by using intuitive, user-friendly interfaces that simplify and standardize activities resulting in improved safety, reliability, productivity, collaboration and employee experience
- to deliver value creating digital solutions that drive best-in-class performance in the manufacturing process by aligning innovative technologies applied to solve real world problems that improve operational excellence
The objective is to support the roll-out of an Electronic Safe Work Permit replacing a paper document. This new digital tool will enable to reduce the time it takes to issue a Safe Work Permit to increase the productivity of the maintenance workforce. This internship will require to monitor the time to permit in order to identify improvement opportunities and support the operational team to define and implement solutions. Terneuzen is among the largest petrochemicals site in the Netherlands and we carry out several hundred Safe Work Permit every day.
- You are currently studying for a master’s degree or equivalent in [Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Data Science].
- You have a good working knowledge of English and dutch
- Skills: leadership, Change Management, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, listener, genuine
You can start during first semester 2022 for a period of 4 months (exact timing to be discussed).
Dow’s internships offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience in … digital thread, industry 4.0, change management, application of digital techniques into a manufacturing environment
- Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen, you will receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network – meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
After we have received your application, please consider that it will take a few weeks to go through every letter and CV received. If we want to learn more about your background and skills, we will be in touch with you.
Have we sparked your interest? Let’s continue the conversation! Apply and we’ll be in touch with you.
As part of our commitment to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is working in partnership with PeopleScout to deliver equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day, that enables them to not only deliver more value, but also enjoy a more fulfilling career.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.