M&E Intern- Public affairs internship
Public affairs internship
Traineeship Public Affairs and Lobby
Looking for an interesting and challenging traineeship at the heart of the capital of politics The Hague? As of September 2022, Dow has one traineeship available. Dow is a global material-science company with clients in almost all sectors. Dow has committed to carbon neutrality in 2050. One of the ways in which that goal will be accomplished is by implementing the sustainability roadmap of the Dow Terneuzen site with milestones in 2030 and 2050. Together with the government affairs department you will be working on that sustainability roadmap and advise on political, governmental and public developments in The Hague.
The tasks of the trainee will include the analysis of Parliamentary, government and media publications, defining key stakeholders, support in the preparation of internal and external meetings and ad hoc administrative support. The topics will depend on current events, but will most likely touch upon climate, circularity and chemicals policy. At the end of the traineeship, the trainee will have gained insight into not only the political and governmental decision-making process in the Hague, but also the workings of a multinational company with major industrial operations in the Netherlands.
What you need to know about us
- The government affairs department of Dow Netherlands is located in The Hague.
- Dow is a member of the following trade associations VNO-NCW, VNCI, PlasticsEurope, VEMW and Smart Delta Resources.
- Dow owns a major industrial manufacturing site in Terneuzen – it is the largest Dow site outside the US. The government affairs function is located in The Hague. We have several government affairs offices across Europe, including in Brussels.
Dow is looking for a trainee that is still in university. He or she:
- Has a general interest in societal and governmental developments, and policymaking
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Masters the English language, both in writing and speaking
- Is comfortable working on new and diverse topics
- Can prioritize, has eye for detail and is good at time management
- Results and quality orientated
- Able to analyse complex issues
- Stress resistant
- Eye for detail
- Flexibility and independence
- Dow offers a traineeship for max. 6 months. A 40-hour workweek is preferred. The starting date will be determined upon further discussion.
- During the length of the traineeship, the trainee has to be enrolled in university.
- The compensation is 500 euros per month gross and (if applicable) travel allowance.
Want to know more?
- The deadline is X.
- Mail a cover letter + CV to X
As part of our commitment to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is working in partnership with PeopleScout to deliver equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day, that enables them to not only deliver more value, but also enjoy a more fulfilling career.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.