PCE Design Engineer
Dow has an exciting opportunity as PCE Design Engineer in Netherlands.
The PCE Design Engineer provides specialized technical support and solutions for project teams, operations and maintenance. Also, understands and implements Most Effective Technology (MET), work best practices within their discipline.
The process, tools and industry Hardware Disciplines within Engineering and Maintenance are comprised of the following disciplines: Buildings, Civil, Electrical, Instrument, Materials, Mechanical, Process Containment Equipment and Piping. Hardware Disciplines support both projects and technical support teams as an inspector, engineer on large projects or lead for their discipline on small/intermediate projects.
This role requires conceptual knowledge of theories, techniques and methodology within the analytical technology discipline.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Ensures drawings and specifications are clear and meet the needs of the business.
- Ensures reviews completed on time and that drawings and specifications are followed by fabricators, constructors and maintenance contractors when providing inspections.
- Has accountability for project results and for the implementation of and adherence to all relevant work processes and best practices.
- Drives front end loading to ensure clear scope definition along with establishing plans and schedules to enable adequate control during execution.
- Directs activities within their discipline and coordinates activities with other disciplines.
- Leads the completion of deliverables provided to estimating and reviews output of the estimate to ensure accurate reflection of scope.
- Leads technical contract package development and supports implementation.
- Drives value engineering and economic designs to ensure the best value is delivered to the business.
- Uses and enforces project change management program.
- Ensures safety in design.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus engineering, manufacturing or related experience required.
As part of our commitment to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is working in partnership with PeopleScout to deliver equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day, that enables them to not only deliver more value, but also enjoy a more fulfilling career.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.