Employees in Operations at Dow use science to build an exciting career. Currently we are looking to hire a fresh graduate Process Engineer.
Located in the Netherlands, we will provide you with the opportunity to launch your engineering career while operating at the forefront of innovation and sustainability.
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow’s integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care and electronics.
- Provide day to day support for the Engineering design team activities with particular focus on process design/process engineering
- Provide Process Design support for site Capital Projects and small process changes
- Attend weekly process change review meeting and provide technical guidance and advice to ensure fit for purpose scopes are available as part of the handover process to design.
- Provide technical support on an ad-hoq basis and during site escalation events to evaluate and provide timely solutions.
- Provide support for site capital spare purchases (Vessels, Heat exchangers, pumps and columns) and provide technical solutions for modification/revamp of existing equipment to improve reliability, safety and capacity improvement.
- Primary focus for preparing equipment specifications for all new and revamped equipment
- Evaluate existing process units to identify bottle necks as a means to support plant team trouble shooting and de-bottlenecking constraints/improving reliability
- Support global revalidation of legacy relief valves, in terms of evaluating potential sources of overpressure, checking and revising any calculations which do not need acceptable criteria.
- Provide plant support eg shutdown equipment installation or change
- Engage in the site safety program.
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering
- Good understanding of chemical engineering principles in terms of hydraulics, heat transfer, mass transfer and separation process
Are you ready to discover the science behind your career?
Please submit your profile by completing the application. If we think you could be a good fit for the program, you will be contacted to find out if a chemistry between us sparks!
Join our team and design the future together!
As part of our commitment to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is working in partnership with PeopleScout to deliver equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day, that enables them to not only deliver more value, but also enjoy a more fulfilling career.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.