Your pathway to shaping the future starts here. Join our team and work together with people who are as passionate about collaboration as you are.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company
-Employing 36,500 individuals
-Across 109 manufacturing sites
-In over 31 countries
Our Sourcing team in Terneuzen, the Netherlands manages the sourcing needs for Dow businesses and functions via category teams and on a project basis.
We have exciting opportunities for 3 sourcing specialists:
- Capital Sourcing Specialist
- Corporate Services Sourcing Specialist
- Mechanical Sourcing Specialist
As sourcing specialist, you will actively engage and support clients in the businesses and functions to ensure that sourcing requirements are known, and that supplier quality and service levels meet expectations. You will also negotiate assigned specific equipment or service purchases for execution as purchase orders.
You are a team member responsible for various sourcing activities pertaining to capital orders and contract management. You will also support all clients in the business and functions that these category areas support.
Also, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develops knowledge of the supply market and suppliers. Conducts Strategic Sourcing Projects including market analysis and the development of short and mid-term strategies.
- Responsible for the negotiation, execution and implementation of commercial agreements and related work processes in accordance with the strategies within the commercial area and/or geography.
- Manages Supplier Relationships including the commercial relationship. Monitors supplier performance against key performance indicators.
- Works with functional and business partners to understand business requirements and align sourcing strategy and implementation plans.
- Negotiates pricing, payment and delivery terms on spot orders as well as period contracts and executes the agreements.
- Engages with Stakeholders to clarify the scope of service, quality, volume and requirements for contract implementations and renewals.
- Follows up and resolves quality complaints using our internal system.
- Analyzes data to identify improvements in vendor and spend coding.
- Utilizes available electronic Sourcing tools (e.g. Zycus) to the fullest capability, to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Purchasing process.
- Manages escalations during project execution.
Your skills include:
- Strong data analysis skills to effectively identify value opportunities
- Exhibition of strong work ethic and responsiveness to earn respect of business partners
- Effective negotiator and able to persuade others (internal and external clients) through effective communication skills
- Has the ability to focus on value delivery and financial position to maintain sustainable competitive advantages
- Takes the initiative to challenge inefficiencies and process deviations
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in English
Preferred qualifications include:
- 3 years purchasing experience together with purchasing software systems
Get started on a better tomorrow with a career at Dow:
Find out more about our flexible workplace strategy Design Your Day, parental leave program and paid time off for volunteering in your own community.
- Sign in or create your account.
- Submit your CV in English before the end of January 2022
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others