Supply Chain Planner
We now have an interesting position for a Supply Chain Planner – Wire & Cable within the LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) and W&C planning team which is part of the Packaging & Specialty Plastics business (P&SP) in Terneuzen, the Netherlands.
The Planner of this W&C desk is responsible for replenishing finished goods and raw material from other regions or external suppliers to keep operations going and our customers supplied timely with material.
About the role:
- Generates a time-phased supply schedule to fulfil business requirements in the short-term, while considering plant wide constraints, and meeting inventory and customer service targets.
- Determines and/or executes the most effective regional or global sourcing rules.
- Where applicable, implements external manufacturing agreements or executes agreements already in place.
- Owns and operates site or regional planning models (provides functional expertise for model operation; assures most efficient use of information technology).
- Routinely checks and tracks inventory quantity, slow-moving or other inventory statuses and ensures that inventory volumes meet the plan.
- Identifies, prioritizes and addresses supply issues (e.g. short-term capacity constraints, product shortage, emergency customer order received, uncovered production requirement, etc.)
- Leads collaboration with customer service, manufacturing, logistics, third-party service providers and business partners to meet business obligations in case of unplanned events.
- Ensures proper maintenance of ERP parameters (material masters, work centers, routings) to ensure effective planning.
- Follows best practices, procedures and governance over master data.
- Supports global supply chain initiatives by interfacing with other supply chain personnel in the business and shared services.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or other Sciences
- You have some experience in the Supply Chain Planning field, either via work experience or internships.
- You have great communication skills in English.
- Sign in or create your account.
- Submit your CV in English.
- If we have successfully received your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email from us.
- If there is a match based on your profile, our recruiter will contact you for a phone/virtual interview.
- Soon after the phone interview you’ll hear if you’ll be selected for an interview with the hiring team.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.