Supply Chain Planner (Butadiene)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Planner (Butadiene) for our Hydrocarbons crackers in Europe. The successful candidate will report to the EMEA Supply Chain Manager Olefins and be located in Terneuzen, Netherlands.
HC is fundamental to Dow’s integration as nearly all Dow Businesses use at least one of our products or a derivative of them in their products. The strategic intent of Hydrocarbons is to contribute to and demonstrate value creation by providing downstream derivatives with low-cost monomers (ethylene and propylene). An important aspect to managing low-cost monomer feed is achieved via managing low-cost feedstocks including feedslate flexibility to the HC crackers and managing co-product balances (i.e. crude butadiene) from the HC plants as these co-products sales reduce the cost of monomers.
Watch the video of our Terneuzen site here:
The EMEA C4 Supply Chain Planner is responsible for leading supply chain planning and scheduling activities for Crude Butadiene, Butadiene, Raffinate-1 and Heavy C4 from the regional Terneuzen and Boehlen crackers including maintaining supply/demand balances. While planning the C4 shipments at a tactical level, the role optimizes on freight and logistical costs, communicates sales opportunities to Commercial and leads the supply chain improvement efforts. The Supply Chain planner will routinely communicate and interact with the commercial, manufacturing, logistics suppliers, and customers.
- Steer short-term C4 planning activities to help deliver to the Feedstock’s cost advantage, meet cracker production plan and derivative business and downstream customer needs.
- Continually monitor demand, fluctuations in demand, swap balances, production/quality issues that will impact the production schedule.
- Meet specific business and functional goals including inventory targets in days demand inventory (DDI), service level, total cost to serve and value creation.
- Participate in and in charge of Business improvement initiatives related to core role.
- Serve as Business focal point to resolve non-conformance infrastructure and quality issues by closely working with Operations, Site Logistics, Site Integration, Quality and Supply Chain teams across the region.
- Manage unplanned events related to crude butadiene balances, rail and marine outages including the ability to handle off-hours phone calls.
- Plan and implement rail and barge logistics movements required to balance the inventories and service spot and contractual obligations.
- Serve as backup within the HC planning team.
- Deliver on crude butadiene plan commitments including sales, inventory working capital, DDI, total cost to serve and customer / plant service level objectives
- Perform accurate and timely monthly financial closing.
- Optimize freight and logistical costs for total cost management
- Ensure logistical contract requirements are being met for logistics suppliers and customers.
- Identify and lead supply chain process improvements including Six Sigma projects and track savings against business commitments
- Support Dow Digital Acceleration by adopting Integrated business planning tools.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Dutch desired.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Preferably some relevant working experience either via internships or regular jobs.
- Working knowledge of planning tools such as SAP, OMP, VIP, etc.
- Submit your application before December 15th
- Our recruiter will contact you if there is a match with your profile