Supply Chain Scheduling Specialist
The Supply Chain Scheduling Specialist decides what, when and where to supply for multiple production sites or multiple plants at one site, within a single business or multiple smaller businesses. Balances supply and demand over the operational horizon, to achieve optimum product availability, asset utilization and supply chain efficiencies.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Generates a time-phased supply schedule to fulfill business requirements in the short-term, while considering plant wide constraints, and meeting inventory and customer service targets.
- Determines and/or executes the most effective regional or global sourcing rules.
- Where applicable, implements external manufacturing agreements or executes agreements already in place.
- Owns and operates site or regional planning models (provides functional expertise for model operation; assures most efficient use of information technology).
- Serves as a local site coordinator/planner for integration of internal demand, utilities or environmental operations at a particular location.
- Routinely checks and tracks inventory quantity, slow-moving or other inventory statuses and ensures that inventory volumes meet the plan.
- Identifies, prioritizes and addresses supply issues (e.g. short-term capacity constraints, product shortage, emergency customer order received, uncovered production requirement, etc.)
- Leads collaboration with customer service, manufacturing, logistics, third-party service providers and business partners to meet business obligations in case of unplanned events.
- Ensures proper maintenance of production parameters (material masters, work centers, routings) to ensure effective planning.
- Follows best practices, procedures and governance over master data.
- Supports global supply chain initiatives by interfacing with other supply chain personnel in the business and shared services.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or other Sciences
- Fluent in English
- The critical competencies required for success are: interpersonal effectiveness, understanding customer needs, team work, taking initiative, problem solving skills, technical proficiency in use of computer applications and analytical skills.
We invite fresh graduates to also apply for this position!
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.