Supply Chain Scheduling Specialist
We have an interesting position for a Supply Chain Scheduling Specialist within our Packaging & Specialty Plastics business (P&SP) in Terneuzen, the Netherlands.
A Supply Chain Scheduling Specialist is responsible for replenishing finished goods and/or raw material from other regions or external suppliers to keep operations going and our customers supplied timely with material.
About the role:
- Generates a time-phased supply schedule to fulfill business requirements in the short-term, while considering plant wide constraints, and meeting inventory and customer service targets.
- Determines and/or executes the most effective regional or global sourcing rules.
- Where applicable, implements external manufacturing agreements or executes agreements already in place.
- Owns and operates site or regional planning models (provides functional expertise for model operation; assures most efficient use of information technology).
- Serves as a local site coordinator/planner for integration of internal demand, utilities or environmental operations at a particular location.
- Routinely checks and tracks inventory quantity, slow-moving or other inventory statuses and ensures that inventory volumes meet the plan.
- Identifies, prioritizes and addresses supply issues (e.g. short-term capacity constraints, product shortage, emergency customer order received, uncovered production requirement, etc.)
- Leads collaboration with customer service, manufacturing, logistics, third-party service providers and business partners to meet business obligations in case of unplanned events.
- Ensures proper maintenance of production parameters (material masters, work centers, routings) to ensure effective planning.
- Follows best practices, procedures and governance over master data.
- Supports global supply chain initiatives by interfacing with other supply chain personnel in the business and shared services.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or other Sciences
- You have some experience in the Supply Chain Planning field, either via work experience or internships.
- You have great communication skills in English.