WO Graduation Assignment: Ready for Assembly Outsourcing
DAF’s manufacturing process will face more and more capacity pressures. Therefore, the vision is to move more and more towards the outsourcing of complex sub-assemblies (i.e. Ready for Assembly or RFA) in a Supply In Line Sequence (SILS).
However, DAF and the relevant suppliers are missing the appropriate IT structure to support the increasingly complex outsourcing processes of ready for assemblies.
The main goal of this project is to design a outsourcing model of complex sub-assemblies, based on the latest logistic insights. The model describes the collaboration, the financial feasibility and the logistical and IT capabilities of both DAF and its suppliers.
– WO student in the field of Industrial Engineering
– Student with affinity with IT and Logistics
Start date: as soon as possible
The department IT Operations & Purchase support DAF’s factories and DAF Purchase with all IT systems.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 450,- (WO) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.
Please upload your resume and motivation below. For more information you can contact Yassmine Boussihmed (Campus Recruiter) on phone number 040-2142616