Working student improvement projects Network
About DPD: DPDgroup is the largest parcel delivery network in Europe. We combine innovative technology and local knowledge to provide a flexible and user-friendly service for both shippers and shoppers. With our industry-leading Predict service, we are setting a new standard for convenience by keeping our customers in close contact with their delivery. At DPDgroup we aim to be a reference in sustainable delivery and become a leading enabler of e-commerce acceleration. In the Netherlands DPD works from 11 locations: Amsterdam, Oirschot (HQ), Beverwijk, Veenendaal, Etten-Leur, Joure, Tynaarlo, Meppel, Rijssen, Maastricht and Berkel en Rodenrijs. Please visit our dpd.nl homepage for more background information.
What will you do:
We have two positions available with our Network Analytics team. You’ll work to support our transport planning departments by making the lives of our planners just a bit better every day. Additionally, large improvement projects are also managed by you and your colleagues:
- Slotplanning: Our own version of sales and operations planning. Within the Network analytics department, project manager Wouter is currently setting up the first version of data driven planning. And he urgently needs your help! As of this year, we aim to do some data-crunching on a client by client basis. The goal is to come up with a much improved forecast and cleaned masterdata. This role will be to support the project manager with the required analysis.
- Operational control: We aim to increase insights into the (financial) performance of our network. We drive approximately 2000 trips per week, picking up parcels at clients and driving them between our Hubs & depots, to ensure timely delivery. Given our rapid growth over the last few years, complexity has increased. In order to manage this, we are currently deep diving into all aspects of our management information: costs, movements & parcels. We urgently need your help in creating & maintaining reports that provide additional insights, based on which we can steer our business better.
- Position for 6 months minimum
- Competitive salary
- Studying for a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably with strong interest in Supply
- Availability of 5 days per week
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office Package (especially MS Excel & Powerpoint)
- Communication and interpersonal skills – you can build strong, on-going relationships with other DPD teams such as sales, planning & Hubs and work well in a team
- Dutch proficiency is an advantage
- You’re super organized and can balance multiple tasks
- Attention to detail – you sweat the details and take care in your work so that you deliver to a consistently excellent standard
- Customer empathy – you put customers first, seek to understand what works for them and champion them in your decision making
- Proactive – you take responsibility to get things done and are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in yourself
- Innovative – you enjoy figuring out new tech, testing, learning and trying new things
Tom Vermaas, Manager Network analytics, will be the hiring manager and can give you the info you are looking for.
No apply link. If interested, please send your CV and a short motivation of why this sounds interesting to you to email@example.com